We left Wichita Falls yesterday and left behind a key player in mountain driving. The 4 wheel drive. Trusting our national weather service, we left the 4X4 Sequioa in Wichita and loaded up the 'Burb instead. Taos Ski Valley hasn't had fresh snow in WEEKS and the weather has been warm and sunny. Well, we pulled in at 10pm last night and guess what??? A winter storm had blown in earlier that day. We attemped the steep climb to the condo, couldn't make it, starting reversing, and then went sliding out of control down the mountain. We landed comfortably on a rock and a tree. We were stuck. Chase got out to survey the damage, shook the snow off his hands, and his wedding ring went flying...into the snow.....in the dark.....
We got the car unstuck with the help of the condo manager. We unloaded and went back to the road with lanterns at midnight to search for the ring. We were about to give up when Chase spotted it! It was smashed down into the ice, but still in good shape. YAY!
I hope today is a little more delightful.
Checking out the damage.
The exhaust is now against the tire....

Getting unstuck....from our tree friend.

Chase starts the day off with a massive homemade breakfast. And since I'm on vacation....I had a huge chocolate chip muffin!!

It's a little windy this morning. Our flag is going nuts.
Oh, and while I'm typing, there was an explosion. They are setting off dynamite in the mountain to lower the chance of avalanche. I'll pass on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment