Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Weekend Update from the Richardsons!

Just a picture of a couple of "stinkies"! My computer sits on this table next to a window.....so when I'm online and they are outside.....they like to sit and watch me in the window.

This has to be the LEAST appetizing looking picture, but I swear it's sooooooo good (like Mr. Food says it!). Anyway, if you cut up sirloin or round steak into thin strips and marinate in 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup of liquid smoke, 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 cup of Texas Best Jerky Seasoning. Marinate it for 30 minutes and then throw it on the dehydrator for 5-6 hours...yum yum. I add crushed red pepper to mine. This batch was not quite done, but it's gone now!


Saturday night, I think we had at least 5 people stay the night with us. It was alot of fun......until I saw all the laundry the next day! Look at all those blankets and sheets....I'll be up all night!


I get sooo excited when Chase is home because he can be pretty handy when he wants to. He never wants to be handy though...so I usually bribe him or trick him into doing things around the house. After open houses, I went to Lowe's and bought this new fixture for the breakfast nook. There was a really really old, really really ugly fan in its place. I like this much better....simple. I also threw a plantation blind in my basket. I LOVE those wood plantation blinds and I'm not much of a fan of the skinny blinds. It seems like every house we buy, we always have to swap out the regular blinds for the plantation. Chase HATES hanging those things more than anything so I only buy a few at a time and tell him it's the last room we will ever do. Now he knows the truth. The kitchen, living, and hall bath are done....and now I'm ready to swap out the master bedroom's. I start buying one blind at a time everytime I go to Lowes and when I get enough to do a room, I spring it on Chase. Chase didn't mind much when we were at Lowes today and I put ONE blind in my basket until he got home and I pulled the other 3 I had been collecting out. He was NOT happy with that surprise. He was tricked! =). He has yet to hang them so I will have to post a picture later. He did hang the chandelier and even did the dishes....so I think I should probably not press the issue tonight ;).
Have a good week!



Best pickles ever. Chase and I both agree and we LOVE pickles. Hot and Spicy and not too sour.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails