I used to count up...as in...just 3 more weeks until my 20 week appt.....now I'm counting down....12 weeks to go! Sometimes I say 10 weeks because it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she came just a TAD earlier.
My mom said I was 2 weeks early and really big.....so maybe she will do the same.
My mind is consumed ALL things baby and I believe I'm becoming a pest to my husband....."I'm out shopping for the BAAAABY".........."Come look at this hair bow for the BAAAABY".........and my all-time fave "Here let's pretend we are holding a BAAAAABY".......I still call her a BAAABY....and just like I type it, I say "Baaaaby".
People ask me all day...."How do you feel?" and I say "Great", but here's a few things I'd like to add about how I feel right now.
1)I'm hungry....like starving. Duh...anyone could have told you this, but I didn't know the DEGREE of hunger.
For instance....sort of embarrassing, but yesterday I ate: 3 bowls of Lucky Charms, a bag of Gardettos, 4 Nutter Butter cookies, 6 slices of pizza, 1 Dr. Pepper, a slice of bread, a large plate of Chicken Hunington (which consists of noodles, chicken, and velveeta), a cheese filled bread stick, 6 Oreos, and 4 MORE Nutter Butter cookies.
I quit weighing myself at 20 weeks, but I did sneak a peak at the scale this morning.....I'm just going to say...it's probably more than any stout 6'2'' man should weigh. And oddly....that doesn't even phase me...I'm already planning my next meal.
2) Husbands are soooo sweet to their pregnant wives! As sweet as mine is...I still won't let him forget that I'm the one doing most of the work over here and I spend a great deal of my day making sure he hears about my aches and pains.
I asked Chase yesterday for help with the baby book. It asked what were "Mommy's Interests and Talents" .......Chase said "Real Estate, Shopping, and Eating"......which made me cry....only because he was serious....and only because I know it's true, but I was hoping there would be a little more to "Mommy" than that. So I wrote ugly things down on "Daddy's" side. Kidding!
But seriously, a very sweet side comes out in hubbys and Chase takes super good care of us and it makes me happy.
3)What's up with swelling?! It's not even summer!! Just half a day of showing houses and my feet are comically huge!
Depending on the weather...I'm either out showing houses in Ugg slippers or flip flops...which is unprofessional, but I have an obvious bump so everyone's nice to me anyway.
A friend and mother of 4 suggested that I needed to cut out salt....and I smiled and nodded....and then went home and flew off my handle. I told my husband that I have had to give up EVERYTHING that I liked for the past 7 months and I WOULD NOT give up the only thing I had left (which according to me at the time...was salt).
Probably a little over dramatic, but I had a lot of built up anger because I wasn't allowed to have a beer, sleep on back, travel long distances, drink coffee in the mornings, wear normal clothes, wear normal shoes, etc, etc........Salt was the straw that broke this camel's back. So I didn't give it up and I'm sticking with the pasty tree trunk legs....which will look GREAT in the bridesmaid dress I'll be wearing 4 weeks before my due date.
I'm sure I'll have plenty more of this baby brain to bore you with, but for now...I have to go. I have to meet my NEW CLEANING LADY at the house. I told you husband's were nicer. All it takes is a little crying-while-trying-to-dust-with-swollen-feet-AFTER-you-got-home-from-working-all-day.........apparently that will score you a maid.
Works for me!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness. You are bringing back SO many memories for me! Haha. The emotions are SOO wacko, it's great you have a sweet husband! Not much longer! It seriously flies by and now I WISH I was still prego, yea you can hit me :)
HAHAHAHA!! I LOVE this post!!!!! That sweet BAAAAABY can't get here soon enough!!!! :)
ha ha you are so funny, I have so many things to look forward to this summer. At least you won't have the dead heat of the summer that i'll have. So chin up :) your almost there!!!
hahaha, I'm the mommy of 4 who broke the camel's back ;) SERIOUSLY, cut out the salt, then celebrate your lack of swelling with 1 beer...Mommy's orders!
Post a Comment