Friday, December 26, 2008

What a year!

Well, Christmas is over and the day after Christmas is such a sad day (besides all the good sales). The much anticipated holiday and all that comes with it......is now over. =(
This Christmas was extra fun and it will be hard to top next year! I went to Christmas at my Gran's on Christmas Eve and everyone was there. We ate and laughed and had a great time. My Gran also plays this game where all 12 of us pick an unknown wrapped gift and my Gran reads a long story to us. Everytime the word "right" or "left" appears in the story...you pass your secret gift. It gets tricky with 12 people in a circle throwing boxes around to a story that says..."Mrs. "Right", knew is wasn't "right" that she only had $1 "left" to give Mr. "Right" before he "left".....etc etc. When the story ends...you are left with the gift you have in your hand. I got a coffee maker! Christmas day, I woke up to Chase coming in the door. He drove in from Decatur after his shift at 6am!! I hopped out of bed in PJs and no makeup and we drove over to Creech and Linda's for Christmas morning. Their Christmas is always fun. It makes you feel like a little kid again. We all have to wait until Creech and Linda make breakfast and coffee before we can start opening. As we all have gotten older, most Christmas gifts these days are an envelope with a little money inside. Linda won't do that.... so her Christmas is always full of surprises. We all tore into our presents are we had clothes, jewelry, shoes, Wiis, purses, makeup, and everything fun! (Chase and my brother-in-laws did not get jewelry and makeup and purses, but they had likewise fun gifts for boys =)))). Next, we all made a plate with the best homemade breakfast burrittos ever. We spent the rest of the day playing Wii ,eating good food, and hanging out with family. I called my Mom and David at 2 and their phone went straight to voicemail (that means they are taking a nap haha)....so I didn't worry about it....and my mom called at 4 and said that they were about done with their Christmas! WHAT?! I totally missed my Mom's Christmas...I thought it was Christmas night...not Christmas afternoon!! Anyway, I made it over there and we all hung out for a little bit. They are going out of town today and had a lot of packing to do last night so it was pretty low key. This was was a great ending to a crazy and wonderful year. Chase and I both started new careers, we bought another house, moved, and got married. Now we are expecting our first child (JUST KIDDING EVERYONE..JUST KIDDING...that just sounded like the next thing to say haha....once again..JUST KIDDING). So, hopefully next year.....we won't do much but just hang out and chill out! I tried to take pictures of my Christmas' to blog, but my camera apparently didn't charge so I missed out on everything. Here are a few pics of some of my favorite gifts this year!!!!


I collect signs new and old and hang them in our gameroom kitchen. Some people have caught onto this and started giving us signs and funny things that they find for our "bull pasture". Blake and Amber Morrison found this picture from Lonesome Dove and gave it to Chase for Christmas. We love Lonesome Dove and Chase and I both swear that we act exactly like Gus and Woodrow. I act like Gus and Chase like Woodrow. Anyway, we LOOOOOVE the picture and haven't stopped arguing over where to hang it. =) We kind of think of it as a second wedding picture of us. =)



My brother and sister-in-law, Ryan and Virginia, found these magnets for our gameroom fridge. They are tooo cute!! And no Linda, you don't really have to call.


We have quite a wall going!








Merredith got me these awesome little fingerless gloves. I love the little silver heart on them!!!







Linda found some killer little booties for me!!!



My Mom and David found these awesome steak knives....and they had our name put on them...that is always excitng to newlyweds!




Ok drum roll please.........................And now for the ultimate surprise from my husband. It showed up via Fed Ex on Tuesday in an unmarked box with no return address. I opened the box and saw this..........................................................



It had a little card with my name on it and this was written on the inside.



And there it is! I LOVE it! See ya later Speedy..you've been replaced haha!
What a sneaky guy that Chase is. Woodrow would never buy a purse like this...only Gus would...maybe he is morphing into a Gus. =) =)

Have a Happy New Year everybody! Chase should be home next year! That sounds funny, but really he will be home in a few weeks!































No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails